I’ve had a week off from knitting as I’ve had a lovely week walking, eating cheese and drinking cider in Asturias in northern Spain, with my best friend. At least it means the sore elbow seems cured.
(If you want to see the routes we walked in Asturias:
- Asturias – Cares Gorge walk
- Asturias – walking in the Somiedo National Park tinkerbelladventures.wordpress.com)
But no sooner than I’m home and the needles are in my hand and I’m back on the addiction. I can blame this one on my boyfriend, who in an attempt to show interest in knitting suggested I knitted these mitts for him – gandalf mitts. I might have to knit a hat to go with it.
I’ve added a bit of a thumb gusset to keep the thumb a bit warmer.
I personally like the picot edge the right way around:
but the mitts are meant to be inside out so it looks like this:
Also while I’ve been away Crazy Purls nominated me for one lovely blog award. Thanks!
This award comes with rules.
1. Thank the person(s) who nominated you
2. Post the award graphic.
3. List seven random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate seven other blogs & let them know that they have been nominated.
Seven Random Facts About Me:
1. I’m left handed
2. As well as knitting, I’m addicted to Chocolate
3. my favourite colour is purple
4. I’m vegetarian but can’t be a vegan as I love cheese too much
5. I’m working my way through studio ghibli films at the moment
6. I love the mountains
7. If i could give up work I’d spend my time hiking and crafting
Here are the seven blogs I nominate for the One Lovely Blog Award (in no particular order):