Having managed to make a total disaster of my first attempt at the February patchwork challenge square – or rather the wrong square – I found time on Saturday to attempt the right pattern. I hate it when things beat me, and having made the bold move to put this on my little blog there was no way I was going to give up in February.
Thankfully this one is loads easier!
I did have a little sweat when I’d sewn the inner square and had uneven edges, but then reminded myself that they’re hems.
The finished square is certainly a little bit plainer than the other Union Square pattern I attempted, but I do like this design more and it was certainly easier to sew!
(Thank God for that, as I’d been thinking about making a quilt for my best friend’s wedding next year and if I got stuck on February then that was a project that was never going to leave the drawing board!)